1. When you let go of perfectionism...things become perfect. If this was in cleaning your house, your house then becomes a home. Or maybe your appearance or compulsions or expectations?
2. When you let go of fear...you become confident and then brave. You might have been held back from doing something (through a spirit of fear) and just did it one day -to discover you are great at it and more importantly, ENJOY it.
3. When you let go of jealousy...you become content and gain appreciation and self worth again.
4. When you let go of anger...you become peacable and happy and in control again. You gain well-being and vitality.
5. When you let go of trying to gain acceptance and your sense of belonging and esteem from others...you become accepted as who you are and actually like yourself. If you aim to please God however, you please Him AND others AND yourself. He makes it so.
We all have things we need to let go of. If you want to know what they are - do a check at the end of the day to see where your mind has been. What thoughts and emotions have taken you time up? Did you enjoy them? How long have you had these thoughts? Do you want to be thinking those same things 7 years from now? Or, do you want to let go of them?
God, If we come to You, You begin to slowly show us what would be better for us to let go of: let go and let God. Your power can abruptly remove negative and time and energy consuming thought patterns or at other times change them gradually. Help us let them go up to You and see what comes down to us. Thank You that You are interested in every detail of our minds, our days, who we are in contact with, to our families, jobs and partners. It is Your greatest joy to be asked in to the whole of our lives and You accept this offering of everything or done in small steps. Thank You. Amen.